• Originally developed in 1998 for the Palm device, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, 2010. Won an Engineering Plaque for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• 2013 Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
• A Cinematography and Still Photography calculator for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.
• Calculates: Depth of Field - Hyperfocal – Image Circle - Splits/Aperture Finder - Field of View (Picture Sizes) - Field of View Preview (with images to size shots) - Angle of View – Relative Sizes (compares sensors) - Focal Length (lens) Matching – Triangulate - Exposure - Running Time to Length - Shooting to Screen Time - HMI Flicker-free - Color Correction (choosing color correction filters) - Diopter - Macro - Time Lapse - Underwater Distance - Scene Illumination (beam intensity) - Light Coverage (width/distance) - Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels) - Conversion calculator - Siemens Star (Focus chart) - Insert Slate - Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps because it has a hi-res graphical interface that is both easy to use and helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
✓ Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
✓ Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution.
✓ Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
✓ Saves entries until you change or reset.
✓ Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
✓ Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
✓ Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
✓ Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
✓ Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
✓ Built-in User Guide on each screen.
✓ Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
✓ HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
✓ Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
• A PDF version of the complete User Guide is available on the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator website.
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com — now also at ProFilmmakerApps.com.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes