The Official LEE Filters Diffusion Comparator enables lighting designers to directly compare different diffusions lighting a model. As the video plays simply tap to switch the diffusion in real time.
It's a great way to select the perfect diffusion for your next project.
The comparator is built from video clips of a real world lighting setup using a single M8 source and each and every diffusion in the LEE range. By switching between them you'll immediately see how each moulds the shadow in subtle but distinct ways. You'll also notice any colour balance changes.
• Switch diffusions in real time as the video plays
• Pause to compare similar frames, for instance a long shot or profile view
• A commentary track by DOP Don McVey is also available
The app includes various design refinements so you can get the most from this tool:
• This is a universal app designed for both iPhone and iPad
• On either device switch between portrait and landscape views and retract or expand the menu to get the best possible view
• Collapse the diffusion list so you can quickly jump between any filters
It's a great tool to learn more about lighting with diffusion and for creative experimentation before getting on set.
10/15This is the date of the app's last update that we manually reviewed. It may have updated since then — or maybe not.
Pro Filmmaker Apps is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com, now at ProFilmmakerApps.com. Since 2008.