Projects solar path, solar energy, sunlight exposure and other solar related information onto user-supplied Photo Sphere (spherical photo) images, with a zoom/pan 3D viewer, as well as onto other overhead images such as site plans or architectural schemas. It also provides tools to visualize and analyze the solar path for any given date or throughout the whole year, for any location on earth.
This is a valuable tool for
* Cinematographers - to plan shoots, find exact hours of sun exposure, directions and times for any location
* Architects & Town Planners - for visualising shading and spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year
* Solar Panel Installers - for analyzing solar energy availability and finding optimal panel orientation
* Photographers - for planning optimal light conditions, sunrise/sunset directions, golden and blue hour times
Some things you can do with this app:
* Visualise and animate the annual solar path over photo imagery
* Visualise solar direction for all hours, all seasons on on overhead satellite view, or site plan
* Calibrate the heading of the Photo Sphere based with on sun's visible position or else by identifying a visible landmark via map view
* Auto-generate shade silhouette data directly from the Photo Sphere, and manually adjust further if needed
* Get reports of sunlight exposure periods (taking into account shaded areas)
* Get detailed reports of solar energy availability, based on selectable panel characteristics (taking into account shaded areas)
Note - A Photo Sphere for your own site or location can be generated via the free "Street View" app or with your own 360 camera. You can also use the app without a Photo Sphere or overhead image, simply by searching or browsing for any address or map location. However, the most powerful features of the app (especially when using shade data) rely on having a Photo Sphere or overhead image or site plan for the location in question.
The closely-related iOS app "Sun Seeker" has already been featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites, and publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. "Truly amazing", "Incredible", "Brilliant" - the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality - ever!
* Flat compass view showing current solar position, diurnal solar angle and elevation
* 3D Photo Sphere viewer showing the sun's path, current position, its path with hour points marked
* Map view showing solar direction arrows and elevations for each hour of the day
* Ability to choose any date and view solar path for that day, as well as the animate the date
5/17This is the date of the app's last update that we manually reviewed. It may have updated since then — or maybe not.
Pro Filmmaker Apps is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com, now at ProFilmmakerApps.com. Since 2008.