Cinematography Electronics Inc.
The Cinematography Electronics FLICKERfree Calculator is a handy tool to calculate the proper camera speed and shutter angle combinations for FLICKERfree film or digital cinematography. It is especially useful when using HMI or fluorescent lighting.
Our FLICKERfree Calculator is designed with the same simplicity as our popular HMI Flickerfree Filming Speeds reference cards. Our App calculates the camera speed in Frames Per Second (fps) and camera Shutter Angle in Degrees. The colors on the calculator, Burgundy (50 Hz) or Blue (60 Hz), also match the colors on our reference cards.
* Easy to use with an attractive interface.
* Selectable Line Frequency, either 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
* Calculates the camera speed in Frames Per Second (fps).
* Calculates the camera Shutter Angle in Degrees.
* Calculates instantly when an entry is changed.
* A finger slider allows user to select the Frames Per Second or Shutter Angle values.
* Images of our HMI Flickerfree Filming Speeds reference cards are included.
* Optimized for the iPhone 4 Retina screen.
HMI Flickerfree Filming Speeds reference cards
© 1986 - 2011 Cinematography Electronics Inc.
10/11This is the date of the app's last update that we manually reviewed. It may have updated since then — or maybe not.
Photo & Video
Pro Filmmaker Apps is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com, now at ProFilmmakerApps.com. Since 2008.