Compressor integrates tightly with Final Cut Pro and Motion to add power and flexibility to your video conversions. Quickly customize output settings, enhance images, and package your film for sale on the iTunes Store. For even faster conversions, easily set up distributed encoding using other Mac computers.
Advanced Encoding for Final Cut Pro
• Use Compressor to customize encoding settings for use in Final Cut Pro and Motion
• Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files
• Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease
• Automatically encode videos that are added to selected folders in the file system
• Encode videos recorded on iPhone 13 in Cinematic mode (requires macOS Monterey)
• Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
iTunes Store Package Creation
• Import and organize your movie, trailer, closed captions, audio descriptions, and subtitles into an iTunes Store-compliant package for submission to an Apple-certified iTunes delivery partner
• Audition video with any audio, caption, or subtitle to verify sync
• Built-in error detection helps you identify issues with your iTunes Store Package
• Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10
• Support in the iTunes Store Package to link a Dolby Vision graded video file to a Dolby Vision XML
Support for Industry Standards
• Encode to a broad range of industry standard formats including HEVC, MPEG-4, H.264, MXF and ProRes
• Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, PNG or OpenEXR image sequences and encode them using any setting
• Create, view, adjust, and deliver closed captions in CEA-608, SRT, and iTT formats
Pristine Format Conversions
• Convert any file between formats â€” such as NTSC to PAL, SD to HD or progressive to interlaced video
• Import and manipulate wide color video, then deliver in standard Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 color spaces or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with controls for color space conversions and HDR metadata
• Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ
• Add effects to your content like custom LUTs, a timecode overlay, and watermarks
• Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime
• Convert log-encoded video to SDR and HDR color spaces using built in camera LUTs for Panasonic, Sony, Canon, Blackmagic, Nikon and ARRI or add a custom camera LUT
• Convert ProRes Raw and ProRes Raw HQ media to other professional file formats
• Play and transcode Canon Cinema RAW Light to other video codecs and formats
• Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple workstations
• Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a node for distributed encoding
System Requirements: macOS 11.5.1 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360Â° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360Â° video editing, 1.2GB of available disk space. ProRes RAW requires a Mac computer that supports Metal.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
10/21This is the date of the app's last update that we manually reviewed. It may have updated since then — or maybe not.
Pro Filmmaker Apps is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com, now at ProFilmmakerApps.com. Since 2008.