Compressor adds power and flexibility to Final Cut Pro X export. Customize output settings, work faster with distributed encoding, and tap into a comprehensive set of delivery features.
Powerful Encoding for Final Cut Pro
• Use Compressor to customize encoding settings available in Final Cut Pro
• Choose from a wide array of codecs, sizes, frame rates, and other parameters
• Save your custom settings in Compressor; they automatically appear in Final Cut Pro
• Share settings with other editors, even if Compressor isn't installed on their workstations
Time-Saving Encoding Workflow
• Experiment freely with encoding options, using real-time feedback in the Preview window
• Find exactly the setting you need in just a few clicks in the updated settings library
• Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files
• Build batch templates to combine encoding with tasks such as moving or copying files.
• Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease
Industry-Standard Encoding Support
• Use one-step settings for Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
• Work with a choice of themed menus to encode and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Add chapter markers for discs or podcasts distributed on iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Apple TV
• Encode to a broad range of industry-standard formats, such as MPEG-2, H.264, and ProRes
• Generate files for HTTP live streaming in a single step
• Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, or PNG image sequences and encode them to any setting
• Tap into advanced encoding features for adding closed captioning, metadata, and more
Pristine Format Conversions
• Convert any file from its source format to another format, such as NTSC to PAL or SD to HD
• Clean up and customize your content using image filters, a timecode overlay, and watermarks
• Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime
• Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple cores and workstations
• Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a cluster node for distributed encoding
• Speed up encoding in Final Cut Pro by choosing a Compressor cluster for output processing
• Activate QuickCluster for dynamic configuration of nodes based on available resources
System Requirements: 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (512MB of VRAM recommended), display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher, 758MB of disk space. OS X v10.6.8 or OS X v10.7.5 or OS X v10.8.3 or later.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com — now also at ProFilmmakerApps.com.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes