Compressor integrates tightly with Final Cut Pro to add power and flexibility to your video conversions. A simple interface lets you quickly customize output settings, enhance images, and package your film for sale on the iTunes Store. For even faster conversions, easily set up distributed encoding using other Mac computers.
Advanced Encoding for Final Cut Pro
• Use Compressor to customize encoding settings for Final Cut Pro
• Save a custom setting in Compressor and the setting will automatically appear in Final Cut Pro
• Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files
• Build custom Destinations to combine encoding with additional tasks such as moving or copying files
• Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease
• Share settings like an HEVC output setting with other editors, even if Compressor isn't installed on their systems
• Send Final Cut Pro and Motion projects to Compressor to encode video in the HEVC format
iTunes Store Package Creation
• Import and organize your movie, trailer, closed captions, audio descriptions, and subtitles into an iTunes Store-compliant package for submission to an Apple-certified iTunes delivery partner
• Audition video with any audio, caption, or subtitle to verify sync
• Built-in error detection helps you identify issues with your iTunes Store Package and navigate directly to the source of the issue
• Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10
• Support in the iTunes Store Package to link a Dolby Vision graded video file to a Dolby Vision XML
Support for Industry Standards
• Encode to a broad range of industry standard formats including MPEG-4, H.264, MXF and ProRes
• Work with a choice of themed menus to encode and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Generate files for HTTP live streaming in a single step
• Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, PNG or OpenEXR image sequences and encode them to any setting
• View, adjust, and deliver closed captions in both CEA-608 and iTT formats
Pristine Format Conversions
• Convert any file between formats — such as NTSC to PAL, SD to HD or progressive to interlaced video
• Import and manipulate wide color video, then deliver in standard Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 color spaces or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with controls for color space conversions and HDR metadata
• Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, Rec. 2020 PQ, and Rec. 2020 HLG
• Use CABAC entropy multipass H.264 encoding for superior results with hardware-accelerated export on supported systems
• Clean up and customize your content using image filters, a timecode overlay, and watermarks
• Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime
• Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple workstations
• Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a node for distributed encoding
• Speed up encoding in Final Cut Pro by choosing a group of shared computers for exporting
System Requirements: macOS 10.13.2 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), OpenCL-capable GPU graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), 1.2GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs. HEVC export requires macOS High Sierra.
4/18This is the date of the app's last update that we manually reviewed. It may have updated since then — or maybe not.
Pro Filmmaker Apps is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com, now at ProFilmmakerApps.com. Since 2008.