“Staggeringly useful.” - Dan Etheridge, producer of Veronica Mars and Party Down
We’ve made the best screenplay reader even better.
Weekend Read 2 makes reading screenplays delightful, optimizing scripts for the iPhone and iPad retina screen. Never squint and pinch to read a script again.
Whether reading from a PDF or a native file like Final Draft or Fountain, Weekend Read 2 gives you the tools to make every screenplay a smooth and easy read.
Created by screenwriter John August and the team behind the award-winning Highland, Weekend Read 2 has Hollywood talking.
“With Weekend Read, John August and his crafty elves have taken something that was the worst thing, namely reading scripts on a mobile device, and turned it into the best thing. I find it more pleasant to read a script in Weekend Read on my 4-inch iPhone screen than to read a PDF in proper screenplay format on my iPad. I even prefer it to reading full-sized paper scripts.”
- Rian Johnson, writer-director
(Knives Out, Poker Face, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)
“Weekend Read started as an app I didn’t know I needed and quickly became an app I can’t live without. Weekend Read keeps you on top of your reading pile, not buried under it. It’s seriously amazing.”
- Rawson Thurber, writer-director
(Red Notice, Dodgeball)
“This is the perfect solution I’ve been fantasizing about - it makes reading scripts (or anything) on the iPhone not just tolerable, not just painless, but actually a pleasure!”
- David Wain, writer/director/EP
(Wet Hot American Summer, Role Models)
Weekend Read supports PDFs, Final Draft .fdx, .highland, plain text, and Markdown files.
- Choose from an updated selection of fonts and text sizes.
- Highlight your lines with Character Highlighting.
- Have the script read to you – up to 2x speed! – with Read Aloud.
- Add page-specific notes while you read, and export them to collaborators
- Utilize Dark Mode for night reading.
- Zip through long documents Page Jumper
- Curate your own library of scripts
- Discover new scripts from one of our rotating categories of curated screenplays and books
- Optimized for reading for all your iOS devices
Terms of Service (EULA):
7/23This is the date of the app's last update that we manually reviewed. It may have updated since then — or maybe not.
Pro Filmmaker Apps is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com, now at ProFilmmakerApps.com. Since 2008.