Write a classic today!
DubScript Screenplay Writer is the easy, powerful screenwriting app that works with Plain Text (Fountain), Final Draft (FDX), PDF, Trelby, and Celtx (.html) files.
Create a new script. Then... just write! Don't bother indenting or waste time manually identifying what's a character, action line, parenthetical, or a scene heading. You simply write naturally in plain text.
Next comes the magic: With a swipe, DubScript formats your text script to standard screenplay presentation, which you can output to PDF, Final Draft (FDX), a cloud printer, or HTML.
As you write, your screenplay files are saved directly to your device's local external storage, not the "cloud". No active Internet connection is required to write in DubScript. That said, you can open scripts from email, Google Drive, DropBox, and other cloud services. And when you're ready to share your amazing progress on next year's blockbuster, tap the Share button to forward it to your agent.
AVOID FORMATTING DISTRACTIONS !
DubScript uses the intuitive Fountain system, a simple way to write quickly without dealing with the usual "screenwriting software" formatting stuff that get in your way. Check out this video from pro screenwriter John August (unaffiliated with DubScript, BTW) who helped create the open Fountain standard: https://goo.gl/9WhkaJ
Just write something "screenplayish" and you should be good-to-go! But if you want more info, the Fountain "syntax" as it were, is here: http://fountain.io/syntax
THE COMPLETE PACKAGE
Dozens of features are included:
• Edited screenplays are just normal plain-text, suitable for copy/pasting into other apps
• Import from industry standard Final Draft (.FDX) format to simple plain-text editing (Fountain), then export to .FDX
• Print your masterpiece to a cloud printer or PDF. Or export as HTML.
• Title Page support
• Bundles Courier Prime, Courier Prime Sans, and other screenplay fonts (thanks John August & company!)
• Undo/redo, spellcheck, auto-completion, copy/paste, voice-to-text or stylus input (w/device support), page breaks, center text, find/replace, adjustable font faces & sizes, and much more
• Emphasis with bold/underline/italic
• Speaks scripts out loud! (if your device supports text-to-voice. Most do.)
• Adds “screenplay” terms such as “int.” and “ext.” to spelling dictionary
• Auto page numbering
• Auto (CONT'D)
• Lots of hard- keyboard shortcuts (save, copy/paste, auto-uppercase, etc.)
• Statistics & reports (word count, page count, all scenes, all characters, etc.)
• "Night mode" (white-on-black)
• “Rescue mode” saves internal backup every ~500 changed characters or so... just in case.
EARLY-ACCESS TO CUTTING-EDGE RELEASES
Periodically, "alpha" development versions are released for testing. These alpha builds are experimental. They may have the newest features and enhancements, but you may also get new bugs! Feeling adventurous? You can sign up by visiting:
You're invited to report any discovered issues or suggestions to the DubScript website at, appropriately enough, https://www.dubscript.com
There are no ads in read mode, so enjoy scripts uninterrupted. You also have an option to become a DubScript supporter by subscribing to disable banner ads and remove a small watermark on printed output/PDF. This can be canceled at any time. All features are otherwise fully enabled.
Questions? Visit https://www.dubscript.com
See you at the Oscars!
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com — now also at ProFilmmakerApps.com.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes