FilmSlate puts a portable "Smart Slate" in your hand.
FilmSlate was developed by professionals, for professionals, and is designed to be used on set as an insert slate, a run-and-gun slate, or a portable backlit slate in your pocket.
* Timecode set to Time of Day or manual "jam-sync"
* Snap your wrist or tap the sticks to snap the slate
* Swipe to increment takes, rolls, or scenes (it will automatically "Apple Up")
* MOS & NITE tags on the slate.
* Shots can be logged with timecode start and stop
* Log files can be emailed directly from the app as a tab-delimited file
* Timecode framerate can be different from shutter speed
* Supports all major frame rates (24, 23.98, 29.97, 30, etc.)
* Built-in help file
* And more...
Note: Email features require a WiFi with the iPod Touch or wireless access. First generation iPod Touches will need an external speaker to hear the snap sound.
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com — now also at ProFilmmakerApps.com.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes