Please note: this app has been discontinued so there will be no further updates.
IMPORTANT: This app requires the Editmote Preference Pane to be installed and running on your Mac. Editmote only operates over wi-fi and the Mac and iOS device MUST be on the same network. You can download it from http://www.digitalrebellion.com/editmote.
Editmote also assumes you are using the default keyboard layout for your editing app. Use the Keyboard Layout tab in the preference pane to modify the defaults.
Editmote is an iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch remote control for your editing system.
It ships with keyboard layouts for Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Encore, Prelude, SpeedGrade, QuickTime Player 7 and X, Blackmagic Media Express, DaVinci Resolve, Motion, REDCINE-X and VLC for Mac. Additional apps can be easily added from the preference pane.
Operate the playhead, add markers, set in and out points, adjust the volume, trim and navigate your timeline - all from the comfort of your screening room couch.
Editmote is an essential tool for editors that simplifies screening your project.
1. Download the Editmote Preference Pane from http://www.digitalrebellion.com/editmote onto your editing machine and double-click to install it.
2. Once the preference pane launches, put the switch in the On position.
3. If you have set up a custom keyboard layout for your editing application, set this up in the Keyboard Layouts tab.
4. Launch Editmote on your iOS device.
5. Select the name of your computer in the list.
6. Make sure a supported app is running and use the controls to remotely operate the application.
Note that not every button is functional on every application - for example, QuickTime Player has no marker capabilities so the marker buttons do nothing when pressed while QuickTime Player is running.
7. Customize the button layout to fit your needs by going to the Actions button and tapping Edit Button Layout. When in edit mode, tap a button to choose a different function for that button from a list. When finished, tap the Done button.
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com — now also at ProFilmmakerApps.com.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes