Depth of field calculator.
Please note this app does not take or manipulate pictures using your phone. It is meant as a tool for DSLR owners.
Added support for new cameras such as Nikon D800, D4, Canon 5DmkIII and others. Changed Canon models to reflect local brands like rebel and kiss. Fixed bug with state restoration from suspended mode.
- smart visual sliders for f/stop, distance and focal length.
- sync hyperfocal or infinity focus distance with one touch
- full, half, and thirds f/stop scales.
- manual entry of arbitrary distance, f/stop, c.o.c, and focal length.
- real time calculation engine (no calculate button to push).
- remembers your settings used on the last calculation (good for when you use it next time).
- extensive camera wizard for finding out camera's c.o.c values.
- support for film and cinematography formats.
- full support for windows phone white and black themes and accent colors.
- saves and restores calculation settings from phone locked screen and from back button.
- support for metric and imperial unit system.
- automatic unit converter: Enter subject distance in cm, m, in, ft and automatically convert to any other unit.
- free trial without time limits.
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of hundreds of mobile, tablet, watch, and desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals. Originally on FWDlabs.com — now also at ProFilmmakerApps.com.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes